Take your place in the future of fitness
- Review the basics about how the Fitbit Web API works.
- Register your application to get API client credentials. You will need a Fitbit account (free) to register an app.
- Implement an OAuth 2.0 authorization flow to allow people to give your app permission to access data on their behalf.
- Make HTTP requests to access data. The different types of data available via the Web API are listed in the navigation. You can also try the API Explorer.
- If you have a server app and want to be notified when people have new data available, implement the Subscriptions API.
If you need help, we're here for you.